- 550g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter
- 8 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- 150g Mouse House Guru Cheddar
- Oil, for the bowl
- Firstly, put your plain flour into a large bowl, then add the sugar, baking powder and 1½ tsp salt.
- Thinly grate the Guru Cheddar into your bowl and lightlywhisk to combine the ingredients evenly throughout the flour.
- Add your 1 tbsp of the melted butter, followed by the natural yogurt. Mix together with your hands until the yogurt and butter have been absorbed.
- Gradually, start by adding 180-200ml water, 50ml at a time. Thoroughly mix between additions, until it begins to come together into a dough. The water amount will depend on the consistency of the yogurt and butter – stop adding water once you have formed a ball of dough.
- Take your dough ball and gently knead thoroughly for 5 mins until smooth and elastic on a lightly floured surface. Put in an oiled mixing bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave to rest for at least 1 hr in a warm environment.
- Once the dough has rested- start dividing the dough into eight or ten even-sized pieces, depending on how big you want the naans.
- Next, roll into round balls and let rest for five minutes.
- Once rested, lightly flour your surface and start rolling the balls into a round, oval or teardrop shape – roll with a diagonal motion to get an oval. Flip the dough over and repeat on the other side.
- Heat a frying pan. Dry fry the dough over a medium high heat until it begins to puff up and the underside browns in places. Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove the cooked naan from the pan. Sprinkle some more Guru Cheddar on-top if you want your naan breads extra cheesy!