- 375g Puff Pastry
- 100g Mouse House Ale & Mustard Cheddar
- 400g Sausage Meat- skins removed
- 1 egg- beaten
- First, lay your puff pastry out, ready for the fillings to be prepared. Preheat your oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 ready for the sausage rolls.
- To prepare your pastry- start by cutting it into half lengthways to form two long even strips.
- For the meat, add all the sausages into a large bowl and add 3 tbsp of cold water then combine together by mashing. Once combined, divide the mixture into two and start to mould each half into a ball.
- Place each ball onto each strip and evenly spread, avoiding the borders of the pastry. Add an even amount of Mouse House Ale & Mustard Cheddar onto each side and start brushing the pastry border and top of the sausage mix with beaten egg.
- Once the pastry has been covered with egg- fold one edge of the pastry over the meat and roll to encase, make sure you use a fork to seal the pastry edges together.
- Start cutting the sausage rolls into 5-6cm lengths and arrange on a lined baking tray. Once on the tray, place in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled- take out the fridge and place in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes, ensuring you egg wash the sausage rolls before you place in the oven to make them golden brown.
- Once fully cooked- take out of the oven and enjoy!